Thursday, March 26, 2009

Front row seats? No we are in midst of it.

Garen, no time to blog, please send to everyone

It was very gut wrenching to watch the Liberian Ministry of Health take away the kids from the orphanage. Making it even more difficult was watching the families who had kids in that group that are being adopted, stand in disbelief and horror as their kids were being carried away.

The kids were very scared and crying. They will be physically safe, but emotionally, they will be very scared and sad.

I spoke directly with the Minister of Health in the orphanage. I told him that he was accusing Americans, and more specifically 5 families from my church, of buying Liberian kids for their own gain. He denied that was what he said, but I told him that you cannot say WACSN is trafficking kids and not say Americans are buying them. I told him he would see me again. He gave me his card and told me to come Monday to see him. I plan to do that, God willing.

But God is not finished. He is going to turn this situation into a victory. The crusade will go on with even more commitment and more faith. We plan to gather a mile or so from the stadium on Sunday and march down the street into the stadium as show of unity and put God on display.

The pastors are working so hard on this crusade. They come in the morning and leave late at night. We have been with them in the communities, the markets, and the streets. God is going to honor their work and faith.

When we have done everything, we are told to stand. We have done everything we can do for the adoption situation and the crusade. We are now standing, waiting on God to move.

I asked for a front row seat, and I'm here to tell you we are getting to see plenty of action. And the crusade hasn't even started. Please pray and join us in the belief that God is going to do something great here in Liberia.

Kris

4 comments:

  1. Kris, I am at peace that God is going to do his will in Monrovia and Fairview. We don't know his plan but we will do what is necessary. This morning Buck, Brock and I gathered in the ballroom and prayed for the Crusade, the families and the children. Lead with love as you get to witness the testment of the Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all appalled at this action. I pray for your safety and the safety of the children. May God lift his loving arms around all of you and even the naysayers (Satan's deciples, may they see their errors). I love all of you. Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family is there trying to bring our grandson home. It is heart-breaking. God has a plan! He IS in control! You are being covered with prayer from here. Gandma Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your group and all of us here will be amazed at just how BIG God is--even though we know in part now--when the crusade and trip has come to an end.His glory will be shown to some whose darkness is deep and that is the goal. Keep up the strong witness and work for Him.

    ReplyDelete